13 August 2007

Bad dreams

I had a nightmare. You know how it goes... Wakes you up breathless with your heart pounding...

I dreamed Mama survived cancer only to die in a car wreck. I even vividly remember hearing about it on the radio on my way to work... Wreck at Broadway, fatality involved... Missed call on my cell from Daddy... I was in too much traffic on 440 to answer. Got to work and realized I missed another call... Still too busy to call back.

She's good, thank goodness. And whether you believe it or not, there has been occasions my nightmares come true. I know she is not headed down that route soon. Of. The. Good.

3 comments:

chez bez said...

Ugh. Hate dreams like those.

Glad all's well.

Fueled by very spicy foods and beer before bed the other night, I dreampt that GingerSnaps lived in the house where I grew up.

I love the quirky dreams like that much better.

Newscoma said...

Ohhh, dear Klinde.
I had dreams like this as well when my mother was sick that I won't go into here.

***hugs***
Dammit, my eyes just welled up.

On happier news, Blackstone at 5 p.m. on Friday.
Look forward to seeing you.

Kristina and Ingo said...

Mike: I prefer the quirky as well. Those don't make me feel like I have been punched in the stomach.

'coma: I know lots of it have to do with the cancer. I know that, unfortunately, you know all too well what she and I are going through.

No tears! At least not til I see you Friday!