21 September 2007

I predict that I am predictable

I am so predictable. I have my getting ready for work routine, my morning break routine, and my after work routine…. You can practically set your watch by me. It can be a bit dull to watch and, trust me, it can be a bit dull to live as well but it keeps me in my comfort zone.

I am rather structured inasmuch that change can truly ruffle my feathers. The difficulty in that lies that the German is a mixture of “fly by the seat of your pants” and “go with the flow”. I, on the other hand, am a planner. God forbid I do not know what we have going on for the weekend. The German likes to remain open to the possibilities and it just sends me into a tailspin…

Sadly this predictability has made me a target for many things. When I walk into my local watering hole, regardless of who is tending bar, there is always an ice cold Coors Light opened and placed in front of me without a word being spoken. I have been going there for three years so that makes sense. However, this morning on my predictable walk with my cigarette I walk into Smoothie King with my co-workers. There was a bit of a line; however, when we got to the counter we were greeted with a cheerful “do you want the usual”? Granted we only go to Smoothie King about once every other week and have been doing so only a couple of months. For me there is something a little unsettling about paying over $4 for a fruity drink that does not have even a smidge of vodka in it.

I need to branch out and break this mold. Next time I am going to order something besides Muscle Punch. That will show them.

6 comments:

Newscoma said...

At my local watering hole, it's Miller Lite.
They meet me at the door with one.
Of course, I've trained them to do this or there will be hell to pay.
HELL, I tell you!
Heh,
Sending good thoughts.

chez bez said...

I'm Broke Family Man now and so I don't have a local watering hole anymore.

I do, however, know a place where the third shift waitresses always know that I like my potatoes "scattered, covered, chunked and topped."

saucygrrl said...

At my regular place it's raspberry pancakes. Umm... things are open late here on the Cape. And I've got that crazy dog and all... but when it's off season some of the waiters know I either get a cosmo or a margarita... mmm... tequilla... what? Oh right... I was going to ask you if we were long lost twins. You know, except that you're tall and a red head and I'm short an blonde. So. Bizarre.

Anonymous said...

The manager at Jersey Mike's knows my salad by heart.

I miss having a watering hole where my beer was ready by the time I got to the bar.

Mike, I took my friend for hashbrowns on Sunday. I swear, a patty melt plate with scattered double covered would be my last meal if I had to choose.

michael, claudia and sierra said...

the thought of a waffle house meal being my last has me momentarily at a loss for words...
(deep breath)
ok. i'm ok. really. no. it's fine.

i am the opposite. i rarely order the same coffee at starbucks. i am random depending on my mood.

but although i am not doggin the food at WH... they do not know me there and i'm ok with that.

as for a bar - same thing. oh. except for the bluebird. they know my hot tea in the winter and water in summer - but i shock them with the occassional cocktail...

keep em guessin...

Kristina and Ingo said...

saucygrrl: Actually I am a tad over 5'2".... My stepson calls me Munchkin. He's 7 and 4'4".