24 March 2008

Things that make you go "hmmm".....

There are things that you read that make emotions well up inside you and make you pause and think. I am a step-mom. I am physically unable to have children. I always wanted to be a mother but God had a different plan for me and while I do not understand it I do accept the path He laid before me.

Right now I have quite a few friends that are pregnant as well as my sister-in-law. Seems these things always happen in groups just like all the weddings I will be attending this summer.

With that being said, I read this I wondered what I would do in a similar situation? How do you live knowing that the newly created life you carry will end almost as soon as it begins? Being Catholic I was raised to believe abortion is murder; however, there are some parts of Catholic doctrine that I do not fully agree with (but that is a post for a different day). This just made me sad and made me hurt for the poor families; however, I respect the hell out of their decision if that is what was best for them. Who am I to judge what is the most healing for them?

It was just something that made me think....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a heartbreaking story. And yet the love these parents gave the children for the brief time they lived is incredibly touching. Thanks for sharing the story, Klinde.

Menchuvian Candidate said...

Wow. Thoughtful post; I appreciate your compassion. I read this story a few years ago http://www.boston.com/news/globe/magazine/articles/2004/01/25/my_late_term_abortion/ which sparked similar thinking and feelings. One wonders at how little compassion some seem able to allow the parents when their choices differ from those we have never had to make ourselves.

Anonymous said...

just found your blog. lurking turned into more when I saw this. It broke my heart. There are no easy answers. Funny how for years, all I wanted to be was pregnant, this article reminding me that pregnancy doesn't guarantee anything.