17 March 2008

Happy St. Patty's Day!!

This year I will be celebrating by going to work, coming home and either watching a little TV or playing games on the lap top. However, last year I was in Hamburg for St. Patty’s. We started the day off at 6:00a at the Fischmarkt. This is a huge weekly event every Sunday at the Hamburg harbour. Here is a photo of the Fischmarkt main hall. There are several food booths. There are people either still drinking beer or starting their day with beer… There is music… The song that sticks out for me is “Time Warp” from “The Rocky Horror Picture Show”. Even though I was tired, I did the dance (and no, I was not drinking…. Yet…..)




The drinking happened later in the evening when we went to a restaurant in an old water tower. We listened to Celtic music and imbibed... Here I am with the German's baby sister toasting a little St. Patty's day cheer...



So today's celebration pales in comparison... But it is all good!

1 comment:

chez bez said...

What awesome pictures. Happy St. Patrick's Day!