The easily blushing Ron tagged me so here goes nothing.
Rules for the game include:
1) Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2) Share Christmas facts about yourself.
3) Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4) Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends.
1. Wrapping or gift bags? I love the look of beautifully wrapped packages under the tree. Alas, my wrapping skills are not up to par and my tree ends up looking like Charlie Brown’s…..
2. Real or artificial tree? Growing up the tree was always artificial due to my allergies. As an adult, my German insists on a real tree (after all the Germans were first with trees in their house). We are tree-free this year as we do not have the Bubbie.
3. When do you put up the tree? On years with trees it goes up around the second weekend in December.
4. When do you take the tree down? The tree stays up until the epiphany on January 6th (better known as the 12th day of Christmas).
5. Do you like eggnog? I like my homemade version with bourbon and brandy in it. It probably is about a squillion calories a sip though….
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I always enjoyed all my gifts.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope because the one I want is way too pricey.
8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Just for the sake of putting something down here I will have to say I was never a fan of my Mrs. Beasley doll.
9. Mail or email Christmas cards? Neither because I suck this year.
10. Favorite Christmas Movie? “It’s a Wonderful Life”… I watched it before Ted Turner prostituted it and colorized it.
11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I usually get it all done prior to Thanksgiving. This year I started on 12/11. I suck (refer to # 9 above).
12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Food!
13. Clear lights or colored on the tree? I love the multi-colored lights; however, my German is a purist and wants only white…. (Please do not insert any jokes in there, I know I left myself wide open.)
14. Favorite Christmas song? "Merry Christmas from the Family by Robert Earl Keen and "Oh, Holy Night" sung by Andre Bocelli.
15. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Does driving seven miles to my parents’ home really count as traveling?
16. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer. They call them Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen… Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen. And yes I recall… THE most faaaaamous reindeeer of allll… Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. I am keeping Ron’s most excellent answer…
17. Angel on the tree top or a star? It used to be a large burgundy and gold bow that draped down the tree. However, when the Bubbie was four he took one look at it and deemed it “annoying”. That year it became a star that has Bubbie’s seal of approval. Sigh…
18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning? Growing up we opened presents when we came home from Midnight Mass.
19. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Hideous Christmas sweaters, crowds and fierce traffic at the malls.
20. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color? Nope, just with whatever crap I have had for years. Trust me, I am not that fancy.
21. What do you leave for Santa? Traditionally I left milk and cookies. For some reason unbeknownst to me or my German, the Bubbie insists we leave out beer and cheese. Now I am thinking Newscoma may come sliding down my chimney!!
22. Least favorite holiday song? “Santa Baby”
23. Favorite ornament? The green ornament with a barely recognizable question mark on it made of glue and glitter. Mama made it when she was six months pregnant with me December of 65.
Tag, you’re it: Sista, Sara Sue and Kerstin