21 May 2007

What's a girl to do?

Have you ever said something to someone and regretted it the moment the words left your lips? I told a friend what someone said about her and her husband... Now mind you, the comments I repeated were from five years ago... That was well before they were married... It was a not something that I thought would create such "DRAMA"... My friend went ballistic - no, seriously, ballistic! She called her husband and he too was angry. Now mind you, maybe I should tell you that my German works with her husband and the person who originally told me the comment from five years ago is our husband's boss' wife... Confused? Hope not, work with me here.... So literally the German and I were thrown under the bus because my friend's husband went off and told the boss what I repeated...

People, get with the program, the comments were from FIVE YEARS AGO!!! Let me set the record straight as well.... The person to whom I made the comments consistently talks about other people... Any person is fair game and it is the pot calling the kettle black with her getting upset, especially in such a dramatic fashion. Do not get me wrong, I too am guilty of talking about people behind their back... Quite frankly, who is not?

So what's a girl to do? The German is very upset; however, he does not want me to talk to the friend who created this stir, nor will he allow me to apologize to the boss' wife.... What a quandry...

No comments: