22 May 2007

The Places You'll Go...

Omigosh! I DESPISE traffic!!! The other day I thought I was going to die... Here I go down 40 in the second from the left lane when the Honda starts making a noise that made think the transmission had just dropped out. First things first, I turned off the radio and realized something was not just amiss - something was really, really wrong.

Naturally the first thing I think of is get in the shoulder (preferably the right one). I put on the blinker (for those of you that do not know where it is, it is that stick on the left of your steering column, use it please) and looked in the rearview mirror. What to my wandering eyes should appear? Rubber flying off my car... Not just little pieces, but CHUNKS!! Is anyone letting me over? Hell no...

About a mile into this nightmare (while my rim has now made an appearance - I can tell by the sparks coming off behind me) two truckers block the right lanes and signal me over. Finally on the shoulder I do the only thing I know to do... I call mein Deustcher... I don't know why I am calling him because he was in Lexington; however, he is my hubby and a mechanic to boot. After he calmed me down, I called Daddy. He hopped on the road and I got out of the car to assess the damage.

Mentally I go through the check list of what I need to get the tire changed while rifling through my trunk. After I take note that I found my black Coach bag I find the spare and jack. Yippee! One step closer to moving my happy ass down the road. Daddy calls and says he is five minutes away when salvation appears via a TDOT Sprite colored truck. Why Sprite colored you may ask? Because to me it is lemon-lime, that's why.

In less than ten minutes this kind Metro employee has me ready to go, free of charge I might add. Bonus! Something I am not concerned about my tax dollars going towards - even better! Of course I wrote a glorious letter exalting my hero... Daddy offered him a 20 for his troubles but he declined saying he was not allowed to... Wow, someone with integrity as well.

What was bad got better with help... Now the Honda and I are back on the road and oh, the places you'll go....

No comments: