18 April 2008

I feel the earth move under my feet...

I woke up at 4:37 this morning thinking that Scout is either scratching to beat the band and her collar is jingling or that she is on the dresser about to play a game of whap off the knick-knacks... Then I realized that she was curled up next to me and was as bewildered as I was. That is when it hit me… Earthquake!!

A few seconds later the miniature enamel teapots that I collect were dancing across my dresser once again. My bed vibrated along with it and I did not even have to put in a quarter!

Once I got over the initial shock (pun intended) I did manage to fall back asleep.

When the alarm went off I turned on the news. I learned the epicenter was near Evansville, Indiana which is about 150 miles away and that the quake was at 4:36. Guess it took it a moment to get to me.

3 comments:

The Meezers or Billy said...

we're glad you're ok!

Sabrina, Sam and Simon said...

We felt the earthquake too, and momma blamed it on Simon! Humans!

Anonymous said...

Wasn't that the weirdest feeling???